Friday, February 12, 2016

猴 (Monkeys) in Love

Finally! The sun is shining brightly in the sky!
(ok, that sounds like some fairy tale line)
 
Just in time.
I was in despair thinking that I'll never get photos of this manicure in the sun,
and I really wanted to share this one.
Especially since I haven't free-handed in quite a while,
and I was quite proud of my efforts for this manicure!
 
Disclaimer though:
These photos were taken on Day 4 of the manicure,
so the nail art isn't at its best.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Since it was still the Lunar New Year and with V-day looming this weekend,
I wanted a transition set that could suit both occasions.
So I came up with the idea of monkeys in love with each other.
 
The Chinese word for monkey is  猴 (hóu),
and in dialect, "猴 in Love" also sounds like a version of "So/Very in Love"
Apt right!
 
Initially I wasn't confident at all that I could free-hand the monkeys,
especially since it's been a while since I've done any free-hand nail art.
I mean, they do take up more time,
and time isn't always a luxury I have.
 
However, I'm mightily pleased with the end result.
 
Items used in this manicure:
BB Couture Hermosa Surfer Girl,
China Glaze Four Leaf Clover,
Misa Moody Model,
OPI Black Onyx,
OPI Did You 'ear about Van Gogh,
OPI I Cannoli Wear OPI,
vinyls from Vibrant Vinyls for the stripes,
and leftover water decals for the hearts.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB