Saturday, February 27, 2016

M.A.C. Flamingo Park / Zac Posen Preview - Launch at Ngee Ann City

*Cross - posted on Perspectives of My Little World*
 
I don't often do make-up posts,
not because I don't like make-up.
Lord knows how often I check out all those awesome make-up videos
that pop up on my social media feed.
 
Unfortunately, that's about all I do.
Well, other than wishing that I have half the make-up skills some of the girls (in my social media feed) have!
I don't often wear make-up to work, simply because I don't wake up in time to do it.
Yeah. I can be a morning person, if morning happened around noon.
Just crawling out of bed to get to work on time takes one hell of an effort from my mom.
At times, she even has to resort to rolling me out of bed.
Ain't kidding when I say it's effortful on her part!
 
On those rare occasions that I actually get out of bed on time,
I'm limited to very simple make-up:
Eye-brows, eye-shadow, eye-liner, powder, blush and lipstick.
 
 
 
 
I probably have tons of eye-shadows lying around,
and my mom is constantly stealing my lipstick since I barely use them.
Yet, despite all that, I persist in looking at make-up.
And with looking, comes buying.
 
 
 
 
So when someone at M.A.C called to send an invite to their Flamingo Park / Zac Posen Preview-cum-Launch,
I just said yes.
 
Zero hesitation. While the wallet heaved another sigh of despair.
 
So anyway, since Ngee Ann City was pretty near where I work,
I was able to reach early, which was my intention anyway.
 
If anything, the one lesson I've learnt since attending such events,
when the crowd comes along at the stipulated timing,
you can forget about getting any decent photos,
and you would very likely have to join the snaking queues just to get what you want.
 
 
 
 
 
Benefits of arriving just that little bit earlier,
you can take all the time to snap photos.
Well, the trick is to be thick-skinned enough to ignore the stares of others in the store.
 
 
 
 
And oftentimes, I'm more interested in all those preparation work prior the event.
 
 
 
 
 
And despite arriving earlier,
I still couldn't get pictures of a full collection display.
 
I figured it wasn't a big loss for me.
Since this isn't a make-up blog, any readers interested in this MAC collection,
would already have read (and seen better pictures) on make-up blogs elsewhere.
 
 
 
 
Well, I did manage to get the Zac Posen collection display in full.
Do I score points for standing around to wait?
 
 
 
 
Now, check out the crowd!
And this was just the early crowd.
I was just so thankful that I had already made my decisions and purchased what I wanted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Part of the event included a make-up demonstration.
Since I had already been viewing a lot of YouTube vids and Instagram vids on make-up,
I wasn't really interested and barely paid mind to the make-up artist.
 
I admit. I didn't hang around to the end of the event.
I had already gotten what I wanted, I hated crowds and I was getting famished.
 
 
 
 
Well, I might not be interested, but check out the crowd who were!
 
 
 
 
 
 
M.A.C also had a couple of dudes decked out in cute, preppy outfits going around giving out refreshments.
One of them happily agreed to pose for my camera.
All I had to do was ask!
 
 
And because this IS a nail polish blog,
I just had to get close-ups of the nail polish.
 
 
 
 
MAC Spoonful of Sugar,
described as a soft pink glitter with pink pearl.
 
 
 
 
MAC Miami,
described as a warm pinkish coral.
 
 
And here's what I got for myself
 
 
 
MAC Zac Posen Eye Z You Palette
 
 
 
 
MAC Flamingo Pink Powder Blush in Let's be Friends
 
 
 
 
MAC Flamingo Pink Beauty Powder in Pearl Blossom
 
 
 
 
and MAC Lipstick in Silly.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB