Monday, February 1, 2016

Emily de Molly - Mei Mei's Signatures Exclusive Happy Feet Duo

I don't usually do indie polishes.
For a very simple reason,
I'm not exactly a huge fan of glitter polishes.
And after the Mentality scare that I read about,
I'm a little bit more hesitant.
 
However, once in a while,
something comes along that would catch my eye.
And I'll forget about the pains of glitter removal and succumb to the glitter monster.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Inked Chameleon,
2 coats + Seche Vite TC.
 
Light robin blue crelly base with rainbow hex glitters.
Very whimsical and happy.
I love a good robin blue and I love rainbows,
so this one is completely up my alley.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Dark Wild Wood,
3 coats + Seche Vite TC.
 
OK. I admit.
Inked Chameleon was the one that caught my eye online,
but The Dark Wild Wood was the one that blew my mind away in real life.
 
Gorgeous dark pine green jelly
with a varied mix of holographic silver, green, red, pink and blue glitters.
The layered depths and glitters were very mesmerizing.
 
Absolutely worth all the pain that comes with glitter removal.
 
 

3 comments:

Patty Green said...

I've tried Maybelline Acid Rain which also has similar effect, but it doesn't look so good on my nails. Is there any secret of applying these polishes?

Berry T said...

heh. I'm not sure if it's a secret but I find that some jelly polishes don't apply as easily, or they'll come out as uneven tones on the nails. What I thought helped was to layer on the coats. Sometimes the glitters in jelly polishes complicates that, but keeping a light touch on the coats also makes a difference for me. Then the glitters have less of a chance to "drag" the polish. Hope this helps

Berry T said...

Oh and I almost forgot! A quick-dry TC like Seche Vite or HK girl at the end helps too! These TCs kind of "melts" the layers together so I always use that too

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB