Friday, November 13, 2015

L.A. Girls 3d Effects: Electric Coral and 3D Silver

I was quite excited to get started on this new set of polishes from L.A Girl.
I'm still missing a blue and black from the collection,
but well, the hunt should be as exciting as swatching them!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Electric Coral,
2 coats + Seche Vite TC.
 
Leans more tomato orange to be than coral,
but that's exactly why I picked this one first to wear for a manicure.
I don't exactly have a shade of scattered holo that is this shade of tomato.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
3D Silver,
2 coats + Seche Vite TC.
 
Silver holographic glitters in a clear base.
As you can tell, this one is going to need more coats to get opaque.
I admit I was a little disappointed with those patches
as I was hoping for this to be a 2-coat winner.
 
However, I have to say,
that was not the reason why I picked this as the second polish to try from the collection.
I had the notion that this might be spectacular as a base polish for the OPI Color Paints.
 
Want to see the result?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
1 coat of OPI Turquoise Aesthetic over 3D Silver,
topped with Seche Vite TC.
 
Pretty cool right?
I'm definitely going to try it with the other Color Paints shades.
In my opinion, this beats the Silver Canvas that OPI collection came with hands down.
 
 

2 comments:

Julie L said...

Pretty swatches! I am eyeing on the last one for I really like this kind of color.

Berry T said...

thank you Julie!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB