Sunday, August 30, 2015

Nail Art Weekend: Half a Mermaid

My apologies for the lack of posts the past week.
I was under the mistaken impression that I would be able to write after work,
but obviously that never happened.
 
In fact, it wasn't just not writing up blog posts,
my nails were also naked for most part of the week.
 
And when they weren't naked,
this was how they looked like:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Polishes used were all from the OPI Color Paints collection:
Silver Canvas for base,
with sponged gradient using Purple Perspective, Turquoise Aesthetic and Landscape Artist.
I used vinyls from Vibrant Vinyls to create the fish scales look.
 
Heh. I was also experimenting to see if I could re-use those vinyls for multiple nails,
and I think you can see which nails had a fresh vinyl and which ones were re-used.
Lesson I learnt:
Just use a new one each time.
That gives you the best results.
 
I originally had also planned to embellish the nails with the wheel of sea-related studs that I had received from Born Pretty Store for review.
Unfortunately, I didn't realise that my nail glue had dried up,
and I wasn't confident that the studs would last if I had used topcoat to attach them.
 
One manicure that's half done,
way off what I had in mind,
but still looked completed.
Plus it lasted a good 3 days.
 
Not too bad for someone who had little time for nails.
 
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB