Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Illamasqua Week: Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head

The famous Raindrops from Illamasqua.
Honestly it's times like this that I don't know why there are so many awesome polishes sitting untouched in The Stash.
Or why I only have a pair of hands and feet.
 
Ok. Wait. No.
That's too alien-ish.
But yeah. I think you guys can understand the first-world problem here;
Too many polish, only 10 fingers.
 
 
 
 
Raindrops (what I call it in my head, "The Original"),
3 coats + Seche Vite TC.
 
Light, blue-grey jelly with white flakes.
I think of this one as quiet elegance.
I wore this quite a while back,
and remembered it as an awesome palette cleanser from the Lunar New Year reds and golds.
Seriously pretty.
 
 
 
 
Pink Raindrops,
released after Illamasqua hit over 10,000 likes on their Facebook Fan Page.
2 coats + Seche Vite TC.
 
Now this one, I don't love as much as "The Original".
Firstly, it's not the same kind of finish that I would have preferred it to be, i.e. a jelly.
This was definitely an opaque shimmer.
Secondly, the formula of this was chalky
and you'll need to be really careful to get the polish even.
I didn't exactly like the colour at first too,
but that later kind of grew on me.
 
Despite this, you know what I would still want to see from Illamasqua?
Green Raindrops.
One that is a pale jade jelly.

I can dream right?

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB