Thursday, March 12, 2015

Illamasqua Week: The Good and Bad of Illamasqua

These two were the latest to be added to The Stash.
I believe I only recently got them and they're only a few months old.
Considering that their other counterparts were sitting in The Stash for eons,
not bad that I'm actually wearing them already.
 
 
 
 
Facet,
2 coats + HK Girl TC.
 
I almost peed in my pants when I put this one on.
It's been a long time since I got THIS excited by a polish,
and Facet easily shot up to my Top 5 favourite list.
 
Smokey grey with gold-copper shimmer flakes.
And I say smokey grey only because I don't know how else to describe this beauty.
It's got this sheen to it that makes you think that you're looking through glass or smoke.
Absolutely breath-taking.
I spent a good part of a morning standing under a baking hot sun just staring at my nails.
 
 
 
 
Perseid,
2 coats + Seche Vite TC.
Perseid on the other hand, was a complete disappointment.
One that made me go "Ugh" because it could have been oh-so-good otherwise.
The potential that was in this bottle that couldn't be materialised!
 
I mean look at it,
Gorgeous teal shimmer - check
Vampy dark purple base - check
Galaxy glitters - check
 
But it all failed so badly on them nails.
A goopy, lumpy mess in a nightmare formula that was an absolute pain in the ass to remove.
Might be saved though with tons of thinner added,
and I do mean TONS.
However, this tragedy is still too fresh in my mind to even go attempt that.
Maybe next time.
Maybe.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB