Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Movember (Men's Health): Movember Moustache

My dad recently underwent an operation to remove a growth.
It was a frightening wait for the results,
and thank goodness,
it was not a malignant one.
 
Even then, he suffered some complications from the surgery
and the past month had been an agonizing one for him
with frequent trips to the hospital for follow-ups.
 
My family's recent fears over my dad's condition put the spotlight on Movember month for me.
I never really gave it much thought until now,
and I'll be reading up on it soon.
 
What I do know is that the moustache has become the symbol
that's widely associated with Movember;
the sprouting of a moustache is aimed at raising awareness of men's health issues,
as well as funds for associated charities.
 
Well, here's my moustaches in honour of the event:
 
 
 
 
It was after heavy rain when I finally got these pictures,
so they're not really the best unfortunately.
 
Items used:
Color Club Take Me to Your Chateau,
OPI Did You 'ear about Van Gogh,
water decals from Born Pretty Store.

 

2 comments:

Judith said...

Love the one on the ring finger. Love the color and design.

Berry T said...

Thank you Judith. The ring finger was my fave too! :)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB