Thursday, November 13, 2014

Movember: Color Club Take Me to Your Chateau

It's been raining frequently,
and I only managed to get these pictures done today.
 
 
 
 
Color Club Take Me to Your Chateau,
2 coats + HK Girl TC.
Sky blue crème.
 
Take Me to Your Chateau holds a special meaning in my heart.
This was a polish that I promised a dear friend
that I'll wait for her to recover from her cancer and paint her nails with.
She adored the colour when she first saw it.
 
Unfortunately, the day would never come.
It's been sitting in my cupboard ever since,
and I couldn't bring myself to open it until now.
 
Simply because I'm very sure my friend would want people to know about health issues,
regardless of gender.
And also because light blue is the ribbon colour for prostrate cancer,
one of the most common cancers for men.
 
Read more about prostrate cancer here and here

 

2 comments:

Liz Krusenstjerna said...

So sorry about your friend. This color is as beautiful as your memories of her. I think she would be happy that you were able to use it now.

Berry T said...

Thank you for your kind words Liz.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB