Sunday, August 31, 2014

Nail Art Weekend: Birthday Haul

All right. So the theme week this month didn't go as I had planned.
Damn the lost photos and the gloomy weather we've been having the past week.
So, I'm just going to end it and go back to regular polishing.
It was getting a tad frustrating trying to get pictures.
Anyway, I added to the birthday haul:
 
 


Illasmaqua Facet, Melange and Perseid.
The Illamasqua came with a free cosmetic pouch (in the background).

MAC Before Dawn.
It's been a while since I bought myself a MAC polish.
 
 
Also got myself a Chanel,
which I have since worn:
 
 
 
 
Chanel Orage,
2 coats + HK Girl TC.
I was actually going to walk past the Chanel counter without picking up anything.
But then the display bottle of Orage caught the light and caught my eye,
and I ended up going home with a bottle.
 
Chanel Orage is this bit of subtle pink and blue shimmer in a dark grey base.
It's actually pretty stunning when the sun or the light hits it just nice.
Like a star went ka-boom and you have that streak of stardust left on your nails.
 
Well, that's when the light hits it nice.
Otherwise, it'll look pretty much like your plain dark grey.
 
 
 
 
Chanel Orage lasted pretty well on my nails though.
This set of nail art pictures was taken on the 4th day of me sporting it,
and all I had was a wee bit of tip wear
 
All I can say is that the actual nail art looked a hell lot more impressive than the pictures show.
I blame the gloomy and cloudy weather.
And I refused to go a 5th day with the same manicure.
 
Items used:
Chanel Orage,
with China Glaze 2030 applied using the distressed method.
Plus water decals from Born Pretty Store.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB