Monday, June 9, 2014

Revlon Electric Chrome Collection: The Amazing Spiderman 2

I wasn't planning on getting any of the Revlon's Amazing Spiderman collection,
but the duochromes in the bottles were just too much for me to bear.
They were like sirens calling for my blood,
and the caps with the spider-webs?
Way too cool!
 
If you go back to the nail art weekend post just past,
I had wanted to add spider-webs to my gradient nails to mimic those caps.
But alas, I didn't realise that I did not have any spider-web stamping plates!
I initially thought I had them.
Must be in my dreams though.
Gotta rectify that soon though.
 
So here are the 3 that I bought from the collection,
in order of favourites:
 
 
 
 
I'm Electro,
3 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC.
 
Ok, I'm a little lost as to how I want to describe the base colour.
It's sort of like aqua and teal came together and had a baby.
Add in the purple duochrome shift,
and you have a pretty unique polish.
 
Of the 3, the colour shift in I'm Electro is the most obvious.
However, it was also the most sheer of the lot.
I could still sort of see through to my nail bed at 2 coats,
but the third coat settled everything.
 
 
 
 
I also took a few shots in the shade so as to capture the colour shift better.
 
 
 
 
And I continued snapping pictures in my apartment lift as well.
Heh. Yeah, I was pretty mesmerized.
 
 
 
 
Gwen's Crush,
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC.
 
Fuschia pink with shimmery blue flecks.
At certain angles, it even comes across as a little more violet.
Not the most original but pretty nonetheless.
 
I was surprised by how much I liked this one.
And it was also the smoothest of the 3 polishes in terms of application.
 
 
 
 
Gwen's Crush in the shade
 
 
 
 
and in my apartment lift.
 
 
 
 
Super-Powered,
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC.
 
Jewel blue sparkly foil.
In the bottle, the purple shift was so pretty,
but unfortunately this one was the most subtle.
 
In fact, most times, its just sparkly blue.
And if I had wanted that,
I would have gone for my China Glaze's glass flecks blues
(think Blue Year's Eve or Drinkin' my Blues Away)
 
I'm not saying it's not pretty,
but I was just so disappointed that the purple shift in the bottle wasn't so on the nails.
 
 
 
 
Super-Powered in the shade.
Yup, almost non-existent purple shift.

 

2 comments:

anne-marie said...

Haha I had so much trouble capturing the purple shift in I'm Electro on camera. In the end I kinda cheated by taking the photo under tinted red lighting. Here's a link to the picture I posted on Instagram > http://instagram.com/p/ozfF5bpuqv# It totally worked!

Berry T said...

Tell me about it! I took a gazillion photos, decided that none worked and went back to get more. It took me a few cycles of this before I gave up.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB