Monday, May 26, 2014

Revlon Parfumerie: Balsam Fir and Wintermint

All right!
Posting should be back to normal now that I have my camera back with me.
Going to play catch up on the polishes I wore during the time I couldn't get their pictures.
 
I've shown you guys Autumn Spice already,
so here are the other 2 that I bought from the Revlon Parfumerie collection:
 
 
 
 
Balsam Fir,
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC.
 
Deep forest green crème.
If you are careful, you probably can get away with just 1 coat,
that's how saturated the colour is.
I love green and I love crèmes.
Little wonder why I fell in love with this one eh.
 
Balsam Fir smells like I have a Christmas tree right on my nails.
Of the 3 polishes that I bought, this had the strongest scent.
My nose almost couldn't take it while I was painting my nails,
but it faded to a nice, subtle scent once dried.
 
 
 
 
Wintermint,
also 2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC.
Seafoam green with gold shimmer and blue glitters.
 
When I bought this, I was thinking that it reminded me of another polish
but I just couldn't place it then.
Now that I had it on my nails, I know exactly which polish it reminded me of:
Lippman's Mermaid Dream.
One polish that I'm trying to purge since I never liked how it looked on me,
and now I have another dupe.
 
Plus point though,
I love the minty scent that this one has.
I'm a sucker for mints so this one is right up my alley.
If I ever hang on to this one,
its really because of the scent.

 

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Haha, I bought Wintermint specifically because I wanted to see how dupe-y it was...and if I could take the scent. Looks like I may need to get Balsam Fir now too! I'm really not into scented polish as a rule, but Christmas Tree smell? That's something I can absolutely get behind, especially when it comes with such a rich, pretty green!

Berry T said...

Warning though girl, the scent in Balsam Fir can be really overwhelming when you paint with it. I almost gave up but then again if you love the smell of fir, you might just enjoy it

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB