Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Holiday Nail Art: Rainbow Thread Worms

Here's a little nail art for this Vesak Day.
I tried something new,
but unfortunately I can't claim the credit for this idea.
It was something I picked up from one of the nail art magazines I brought back with me from Japan.
 
I had a friend who called this wriggly worms,
and another who loved the rainbow threads idea.
Hence the combined title of today's post.
 
 
 
 
This nail art isn't that difficult to do,
but it can be time consuming.
 
Items used:
OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls,
Embroidery yarn.
 
I used the sort for cross stich,
but I'm pretty sure that other types of yarn can be used.
Well, as long as they ain't too thick,
I was using single strands.
 
All you need to do is to cut them into different lengths,
and stick them on using topcoat.
I went over the nails with TC twice more after that.
 
I quite liked the end result.
I'm going to try creating more patterns with the remaining threads I have.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB