Sunday, January 5, 2014

It's supposed to look like Tortoise Shell...

I must be in a Color Club phase recently.
I just realised that I've been wearing quite a bit of my Color Clubs recently.
 
 
 
 
From the 2012 Summer Take Wing Collection:
Color Club Fly with Me.
3 coats + 1 coat HK Girl TC
 
Fly with Me is a lime-green polish with glassfleck shimmer finish.
The gold duochrome effect on this one is quite pronounced.
It's on the sheer side and definitely needed all 3 coats.
 
 
 
 
Then I had this idea in my head that I could do a bit of stamping,
and make it look like tortoise shell.
Well. It looked a lot better in my head than in real life.
 
I used the Moyou Pro Collection plate #03 and Color Club Ho-Ho-Holly.
I was hoping the colour shifts in both polishes could blend together
and create a tortoise shell effect.

Unfortunately, the stamping ended up being really subtle
and not what I wanted at all.
Instead, it looked like some weird plasma stuff.
 

3 comments:

Inky Whiskers said...

It's a neon turtle...I like it!

Katie Eakins said...

Well, I like it. :)

Berry T said...

Thank you :)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB