Monday, January 13, 2014

Etude House Summer 2013 Bling in the Sea Collection

Do you guys ever have colour tones that you know just don't suit you,
but you still end up buying those polishes in the hope that something will change?
 
Well. I do.
 
I don't do well with gold shimmers,
and I need to be careful with those colour tones that have a bit of yellow or orange in them.
They're the bane of my nails' existence.
But no matter how many times I tell myself no more gold shimmers,
I'll still end up finding something like that in The Stash.
 
The 2 Etude House polishes featured today were the same.
I remember marvelling at the complexity of the polishes when I was in the store.
I mean, take at look at the bottle pictures,
then at how they end up looking on my nails.
*sad face*
 
 
 
 
#1 Golden Sand,
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
Copper-gold base with white-gold flakes and orange-red glitters.
Seriously, doesn't the combination itself sound awesome?
Flakes and glitters?
 
But no. My fingers just refuse to get along with it.
In fact, under some lights,
my hands looked like they aged 20 years.
 
 
 
 
#2 Magical Kiss,
3 coats + 1 coat HK Girl TC
 
Rose pink base with gold shimmer, fuschia and pale pink glitters.
Again, doesn't it sound good?
It looked promising too in the bottle.
 
But alas! It's not for me!
My colleague and good friend even commented,
"Hey. Your hands are looking jaundiced again.
  Sell that one, it's not for you."

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB