Sunday, December 29, 2013

Weekend Nail Art: Xmas Grunge

Here's my actual nails I did for Christmas Day itself.
I did go back to using Christmas colours,
but decided I wanted a more grunge feel
and so tried my hand at doing distressed nails ala Chalkboard Nails style.
 
 
 
 
The end result was a hell lot better than what the pictures show.
(It was after rain when I finally got to take these photos)
I really loved it,
and it was a really simple nail art to do.
 
Polishes used were:
China Glaze Ruby Pumps,
China Glaze Emerald Sparkle,
and A England Holy Grail (old version).

 

2 comments:

blueberry milk tea said...

I like this a lot! A la vintage wallpaper or holiday wrapping paper, textures and tones one sees in Wong Kar-Wai films. How did you obtain that finish?

xo Gemma

Berry T said...

Gemma,
this one is actually quite easily done! If you google Chalkboard Nails and distressed nails, she's actually done a really good tutorial on it! Here all I did was to experiment with polishes with shimmer/glitter finishes rather than to go for those crème ones. The end result might even be different if you try them with textured polishes.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB