Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Essie Full Steam Ahead + Penelope Luz Superstar

It's my birthday today,
but I'm not feeling all that great.
I'm down with a nasty bout of flu.
Later I have to get out to serve the dumbass contractor a notice to attend court,
since he has adamantly refused to acknowledge any mistake nor make any compensation,
and he failed to attend the first session at the tribunal.
Plus it's been pouring over the past few days and that adds on to this gloom.
Nevertheless, I'm determined to get out and enjoy the rest of the day.
 
And since it's still raining,
I can't get pictures to show you guys my birthday mani.
Instead, here's one from last week.
 
 
 
 
From the Essie Summer 2013 Naughty Nautical Collection:
Full Steam Ahead
3 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite.
 
I wore this while holidaying in Bangkok,
and got compliments from several Thai ladies.
 
Full Steam Ahead is a pale lilac pastel with very subtle shimmer.
Reminds me of another pastel lilac I wore recently,
OPI You're such a Budapest.
Unfortunately, despite the compliments,
I didn't really like either.
 
 
 
 
Essie Full Steam Ahead topped with a coat of Penelope Luz Superstar,
plus another coat of Seche Vite.
 
Superstar consists of black, white, purple and lilac glitters in various shapes.
There are bars, stars, circle and hex glitters
and all these suspended in a clear base.
I only needed a coat although there was a little difficulty fishing out those stars.
 
Much much better.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB