Saturday, June 22, 2013

Nail Art Saturday: Orchids

Just to let you guys know,
I may not be able to get pictures to post regularly over the next few weeks.
Singapore is currently experiencing air pollution of incredible proportions.
 
For those of you who aren't as familiar,
forest fires in our neighbouring country Indonesia's Sumatra island
have sent plumes of acrid smoke across the seas to parts of Malaysia and us.
These forest fires are reported to be illegal blazes by companies and farmers
to clear their lands during their mid-year dry weather spells.
 
This year's is the worst haze pollution that's been recorded in our history,
and measurement indexes have reached levels of hazardous even.

I took some pictures of the apartments across the road at the beginning of this haze situation.
This was before it started looking like winter came to my country.
By now, I can barely see the same apartments (just the outline of them),
so it should give you guys a sense of how bad it is here right now.
 
 
 
 
*Sigh*
Maybe I should consider some fiery nail art during this period.
Seems apt for it.
 
 
 
 
Today's nail art is one that I've done before and am re-visiting.
The pictures were taken at the beginning of this haze situation.
The sun was being filtered out,
hence the less than stellar pictures.

Items used:
Base colour - OPI Princesses Rule!
Flowers - OPI Vodka and Caviar, OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls, and Essence Black is Back
Gold stripes - China Glaze Blonde Bombshell
White dots - OPI My Boyfriend Scales Walls
and some random sequins here and there.
 
I loved this set,
made me happy to look down on blooming orchids in the midst of this haze.

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB