Saturday, March 9, 2013

Spring Flowers

I've run into a little trouble with my basecoat recently.
My Nubar Foundation Basecoat which has served me so well for so long,
is now suddenly causing my polish to chip all too easily.
Sometimes, even within a few hours!
 
So the hunt for a new bc is now on.
Although, I am still curious as to why this happens.
Haven't done a search yet though.
 
Anyway, today's post is on a set of Spring Flowers nail art
that I had originally wanted to do for the Sg Spring Swatch Fest.
I really loved the end result,
but got pretty pissed with the Nubar basecoat
which completely ruined the manicure.
*stomps feet*
 
 



 
 
I noticed that the base polish was starting to peel the very next morning.
Quickly snapped a few photos in the office
as I knew that the manicure would never last till the sun was out.
 
 



 
 
See what I mean.
Chip galore!
I got pissed enough I peeled off everything after lunch.
 
Oh well.
 
And just in case you wanna know,
polishes used are:
Essie Who is the Boss (base colour),
OPI Vodka and Caviar,
Color Club She's so Glam,
BB Couture Green Goblin, and
OPI Alphine Snow.

 

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

These are gorgeous! Love the colours you used, and the white highlights are so, so pretty. Sorry the basecoat let you down! >_<

Polished Prescription said...

This is amazing!! Wow! I literally can't stop looking at them I keep coming back to your page. I love how you did the roses and I love the subtle antique colors! Very nice =)

Berry T said...

Thank you for the compliments! =)

Berry T said...

Yeah. I was so pissed when it started chipping particularly since I really liked the nail art myself and was hoping it would last longer.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB