Thursday, March 28, 2013

My beloved friend

Today I bidded farewell to a very dear friend.
Those of you who have read my blog for the past years
would have known that I had someone close to me who came down with acute myeloid leukemia.
CT lost the fight after almost 3 years of battle.
 
My dear CT,
I'm very glad that I managed to show you this set of nails before you left us.
But I never told you the story behind this.
I've been trying to go through my polishes
to make space for the coming renovations.
And I picked up the 2 polishes that you gave me,
and I missed you terribly.

So I used the 2 Anna Sui bottles and came up with this nail art.

Krist told me that you saw my app messages.
She told me that you were pleased with it and loved it a lot.
I just wish now that I could have been there to show you personally.
But I am glad that I managed to do this for you before you left us.

You promised you wouldn't give up easily.
We know you fought hard.
To the very end.
You were amazingly brave
and faced death with defiance and at the end, with a smile.
Seriously babe, you taught all of us a lesson on courage there.
You have my utmost admiration.

I know you are at peace now.
Your pastor told us that you are happy now with The Lord.
That we have beautiful memories to remember you by.
Well, knowing you my dear,
it won't be enough for you.
So yes, there are beautiful memories,
but so much more so,
you have left an impact.
 
 




 
 
It was hard walking this last journey with you,
the hardest you've ever made me do.
But I am blessed to have you as my friend,.

We will meet again one day.




 

7 comments:

emmajoy said...

So sorry to hear about your loss :(

lfcmaus said...

:/

Im so sorry about your loss :/

My thoughts are with you and the family!

Mimi Manicures said...

awww this has bought a tear to my eye. I am so sorry for your loss. It is a beautiful manicure for a beautiful person xxxxx

Kayleigh said...

The mani's you've made for your friend were always wonderful and the posts were touching...It's therefore heartbreaking to hear about your loss...

beachgal said...

I have lost 3 good friends to AML. 2 of them choose to treat getting constant blood products and had to move away from home because we live in too small an area for the local blood bank to 'feed' their needs. It's a real crappie disease. I have battled breast cancer 2 times now and last fall was told I have a leukemia and non-Hodgkins Lymphoma - I still cannot wrap my head around how I was so 'blessed' to have two different white cell line blood cancers. Your blog means a lot to me reading it. I sometimes wonder if anyone I know really has as deep of feelings about what I am dealing with as you did over your friend. Blessings to you at this Passover/Easter season.

Murano Glass said...

Wow Your nails looks just amazing, so attractive and gorgeous.. Thanks for this opportunity to watch these lovely colors :)

Berry T said...

Thank you everyone for your kind words. My friend was an amazing person and while we miss her, we are grateful to have known her and blessed with her friendship.

@ beachgal,
I am so sorry to hear about your health. I cannot imagine the pain and this emotional roller coaster that you might have gone through. But I will sincerely pray that you will have someone who can accompany you through all this.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB