Tuesday, January 15, 2013

China Glaze Avant Garden Collection: Keep Calm, Paint On

I walked past the latest China Glaze Avant Garden collection just yesterday,
and this one caught my eye.
It was the name that sold it though.
How could I resist one that so aptly describes a polish addict?!
Keep Calm, Paint On.
You got it right China Glaze!
 
 
 
 
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC

Keep Calm, Paint On is a cross between robin egg blue and mint candy green,
with a tinge of grey,
and a sheen of silver shimmer.
Quite an interesting one.
 
I can't say I like the formula of the polish though.
I felt like I was putting on chalk paste.
It was slightly easier to manage when I slapped on thicker coats,
but I definitely felt like I was white-washing my nails
the same way I white-washed my walls a few years back.
Weird.
 

4 comments:

E Lim said...

Awww...so pretty. Simple yet elegant. I so love this color for it looks light an natural. Perfect for everyday wear.

hermetic said...

So pretty, like Essie's Absolutely shore with shimmer. But I get the troubles with China Glaze formulas, especially of those with finishes similar to this

Berry T said...

It would also have been a good colour base for nail art if not for its formula.

Berry T said...

I was thinking this one reminded me of another polish but couldn't place it. And you're right, its Essie Absolutely Shore! I wonder how that one would look like with shimmer...

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB