Saturday, September 8, 2012

Saturday Spam: I Got the Blues! Rendition 2

Disclaimer, today's pictures are not the best.
Either there was no sun,
or my nails and cuticles were jacked from packing up and moving to a new office.
 
In fact, I actually canned one of the polishes that I wanted to show you guys.
That's how bad I think it is.
 
Neither did I manage to get more polishes swatched.
The moving of the office was a lot more work than I had expected.
 
Oh well.
I promise I'll try my best to do better next week.
 
 
 
 
Last one was taken in the apartment lift.
 
Golden Rose Holographic #102. 3 coats over Nfu-Oh Aqua Base, no TC
 
I never hated a holo like I did this one.
This is the first blue holo that pulls out all the grey in me.

Plus, because the bottle cap doesn't sit well,
some of the polish has already evaporated,
and what's left was goopy and thick.
I had to add lots of thinner.
Before I realised that the polish doesn't really dry on me.

 
 
Second one is an oldie but a goodie:
China Glaze Drinkin' my Blues Away.
 
3 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
I intend to re-swatch this one.
I thought I had the sun out,
but I was obviously wrong.
 
So, if I had done my pictures better,
I could be better able to tell you how Drinkin' my Blues Away is a lovely blue glass-flecked jelly
 that actually looks watery.
In the sun (again, if I had decent pictures),
you can also find some purple and pink bits being reflected as well.
 
Completely awesome.
Definitely wearing it again,
and not just for the sake of better pictures.
 
 
 
 
Last one for today,
Lippmann I Know What Boys Like.
 
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
I love this polish too.
The photos here were taken after the move,
and I have to admit,
I was pretty amazed that they held up this well.
 
I Know What Boys Like is a lovely periwinkle,
not exactly blue, not exactly purple,
but that fine line in-between.
 
I was actually seated behind a woman in the bus wearing a top this exact shade,
and I had to stop myself from snapping a picture with my nails against her top.
Yeah. No need for a stranger to get hysterical over my nails or picture snapping.
 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB