Monday, August 27, 2012

OPI Vintage Minnie Collection: I'm all Ears and Nothin' Mousie 'bout It


OPI I'm all Ears
I freaking love this pink.
 
 
 
 
3 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
 
 
 
Unfortunately the photos of I'm all Ears were taken in a brief spot of sunshine
on a terribly overcast day.
So the pictures ain't the best.
I intend to wear it again though,
so hopefully I'll grab better pictures next time.
 
 
 
 
Anyway, I'm all Ears is a magenta pink jelly
that's pack with a teal blue sparkly shimmer.
There's a wee bit of purple as well,
but the teal blue comes out a lot stronger most times.
 
 
 
 
I've read online that I'm all Ears is a close dupe to Butter London Disco Biscuit,
which I've lusted over for quite a bit.
If that's the case,
I'm gonna be a happy camper with this bottle of I'm all Ears.
 
 
 
 
A word of caution though,
double up on the base coat.
I'm all Ears actually stains.
My nails kinda look like they got hammered on right now.
 
 
 
 
Next pic is taken indoors.
 
 
 
 
Anyway, it was a friend's wedding on Saturday.
In honour of the occasion,
I thought little hearts was an appropriate mani.
 
 
 
 
So I took the opportunity to layer OPI Nothin' Mousie 'bout It over I'm all Ears.
 
 
 
 
This is 2 coats of Nothin' Mousie 'bout It
(Gawd! I hate typing that!)
over 2 coats of I'm all Ears
+ 1 coat of Seche Vite TC
 
 
 
 
Pink heart glitters in a sheer glass-flecked baby pink base.
 
 

Ok, I like the idea of the pink glass-flecked base,
but I think it kinda overpowers the beauty of I'm all Ears.
 
 
 
 
Plus it actually reminds me of another Japan exclusive OPI that I own.
I'll have to post them together one day.
 
 
 
 
The other thing about Nothin' Mousie 'bout It
is that you have to go fishing for the hearts.
 
 
 
 
With normal application,
I was lucky if I got even 1 heart on the nail.
Hence the 2 coats,
which might also be the reason why my base was kinda overwhelmed.
 
 
 
 
I'll like to use Nothin' Mousie 'bout It in a funky french.
Just that I haven't exactly decided what colour tips to go with.
 
 
 
 
Last pic is also taken indoors.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB