Monday, August 20, 2012

OPI Black Spotted

Before I show you all OPI Black Spotted,
 
 
 
 
I re-swatched Lippmann's Mermaid's Dream.
I didn't like my earlier pictures of Mermaid's Dream,
and since I couldn't decide on whether I should keep the bottle,
I thought I might as well re-do it.
 
 
 
 
2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
 
 
 
Ok. I still am undecided,
but I think it's slowly growing on me.
 
 
 
 
The coveted Black Spotted.
 
 
 
 
I do like the look of Black Spotted over Mermaid's Dream though.
 
 
 
 
This is 1 coat Black Spotted over 2 coats Mermaid's Dream
plus 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
 
 
 
For those of you who have not tried your Black Spotted yet,
I recommend thin coats.
The spots turn out better that way.
 
 
 
 
Black Spotted is a pretty runny polish,
and the brush picks up quite a bit of it.
You should wipe your brush a few times on the neck before you apply.
 
 
 
 
Another thing to note,
Black Spotted is chippy.
 
 
 
 
Or maybe I should say flaky.
For some reason,
the polish flakes off in pieces over time.
 
 
 
 
I've noticed that it tends to start at the tips,
and slowly flakes off towards the nail bed over time.
In fact, no matter what I've tried,
I've never been able to get Black Spotted last 24 hours.
 
 
 
 
Here I have it over Jade Holograpfico Mystic Gold.
 
 
 
 
2 coats Mystic Gold with 1 coat Black Spotted
and topped with 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
 
 
 
Black Spotted is very reflective,
kinda like NARS Zulu,
so I couldn't get good enough pictures where the holo comes through.
 
 
 
 
And this is already the third attempt I did with this combination.
These are the best set of photos.
 
 
 
 
You'll just have to take my word for it.
The rainbow peeking from underneath is awesome.
 
 
 
 
And I like the idea that it reminds me of bacteria cultures.
Ok. I'm morbid that way.
 
 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard opi black spotted peels/ flakes when there is a fast drying top coat on it.

Berry T said...

Does that mean it's ok with a normal TC? I can try that out.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB