Monday, August 6, 2012

China Glaze Halloween 2012 Wicked: Bizarre Blurple & Roguish Red

I have 2 from the collection for you today.
First up:


Bizarre Blurple


2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC


This one's your usual purple with blue shimmer.


What cracks me up though,
is that a major nail polish company is endorsing the word "Blurple".
Hey! Nail bloggers have created a legit word!


This one's pretty,
but truth be told,
I think there are plenty of other more gorgeous purple-blue duochromes out there.


I thought this one looked prettier too indoors,
so I snapped a couple more indoor shots than usual.


Next one up: Roguish Red


2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC


If you're not anal,
you can do with 1 thick coat of this instead of 2.
However, with cremes,
I like my nails to be completely opaque,
hence the 2 coats.


This one's a bright, juicy tomato red.
Leans a little orange,
so it might not be for all skin tones.


I don't know what it is with this collection too,
but the name definitely reminded me of Rogue from X-Men,
and again, I thought it would suit her.


Oh. And Bizarre Blurple brought to mind Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty,
a la the cartoon version as seen in the earlier MAC Venomous Villians collection.


Ok, hopefully there's sun out later today,
so I can get pictures of Immortal done.

5 comments:

Jacqui said...

I love them both! A bit odd to do such a bright red in a Halloween collection but it is gorgeous!

Berry T said...

Roguish Red was one of the lesser favourites in this collection, and I already agree that it's pretty, so you can imagine how much more I love the rest! Personally I think this is a pretty good collection!

Melissa said...

OMG! How were you able to get these so early?! Jealous!

Berry T said...

Melissa, some of the stockists in Singapore were able to get it in early =)

beachgal said...

Great shots!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB