Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Indie of the Month: Girly Bits Vive la Revolution

My first encounter with Girly Bits,
and I have an awesome customer service (CS) experience to share with you guys.
 
 
 
 
Vive la Revolution
 
 
 
 
Close-up of my bottle
 
 
 
 
Do you see how the blue glitters have started to curl a little?
And that the base looks a little murky?
 
 
 
 
1 coat Vive la Revolution over 2 coats Gosh Holographic
+ 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
 
 
 
I thought since it was the 4th of July,
what other better time to burst out my new bottle of red, white and blue glitter.
 
 
 
 
And I wanted to do it with style,
hence the double whammy of glitter over a holo
 
 
 
 
But when I pulled the bottle out from the closet,
I felt the first stirrings of alarm.
 
 
 
 
I'll be honest.
Apart from the earlier Lynns and 1 Floam,
I haven't had a lot of experience with indie glitters.
 
 
 
 
In fact,
with all the drama I've read about them since,
I've been extremely cautious and wary of making any purchase of indies
 
 
 
 
Last pic was taken in the taxi
 
 
 
 
So when I saw curling blue glitters and a base that looked like it was growing pink,
I started to worry,
and went to seek advice on a Facebook group and MUA NB about it.

People were advising me to get in touch with Pam (the creator of Girly Bits) and all that.
And everyone seemed to tell me she's nice.
To be honest, that in itself was really assuring actually.
Can you imagine if people started replying to say that her bottles were crap
and she dealt with stuff with drama?!

But you know the best part?
Pam herself saw the post and immediately answered!
She explained that she had an unreliable supplier,
and hence there may have been a batch that was affected.
Pam stated that she has since KO'ed the supplier
and even said she would happily replace the bottles affected!

Wow! I didn't even have to contact her!
She made contact and addressed the issue there and then!
If that's not honest and awesome CS,
then I have no idea what is.

I was at work when Pam answered
so I couldn't send her an email as she had requested.
But once I've gotten this post up,
I'll sending her one immediately to tell her how much I appreciate that.

I'm still dipping my toes cautiously into the indie craze,
but I'm definitely dipping them with a hell lot more ease with Girly Bits.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. I have 6 Girlys, and they're awesome! Thanks for celebrating Independence Day (4th of july) with us!

I've jumped right into the indie craze, and I've gotten good customer service from all the ladies! I haven't bought any Lynnderellas; they're just too hard to get IMO. Luckily, there are dozens of other gorgeous indie options out there!

Anonymous said...

OOPS, make that 9 Girly Bits!

Berry T said...

LoL! I'm going to look forward to expanding my Girly Bits collection too!

Lizzy O. said...

Very Lovely! I Love this.

Berry T said...

Thank you Lizzy!

Sparkly Vernis said...

This manicure looks awesome! And yay \o/ for great CS!

Berry T said...

Thank you! \o/

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB