Friday, June 22, 2012

Studio M Slammin' Red

This was a polish that I had lemmed for a long long time,
and had unexpectedly received in a wonderful swap.
I had drooled so much over online swatches of this one,
and would even revisit certain sites solely for viewing pleasure.
Unfortunately, when I put it on myself,
I didn't like it as much.
I was disappointed.
So much so, I decided to try it one more time.
Perhaps I was not in the right mood to appreciate it the first time.
 
 

 
 
Studio M Slammin' Red
 
 

 
 
2 coats + 1 coat Glitter Tamer + 1 coat Seche Vite TC
 
 

 
 
Well, yeah.
It sure sparkled like diamonds do
 
 

 
 
But it was also pretty thick in the bottle.
Even after thinning it out.
 
 

 
 
And even after Glitter Tamer,
it still looked bumpy as hell.
And removal was hell.
Even with The Foil.
 
 

 
 
I thought it looked weird on me.
Not awesome like how it looked on Scrangie
(which was where I first fell in lust with this polish)
 
 

 
 
Sigh.
I so wanted this polish to be awesome on me.
*sad*
 
 
video
 
 
A vid for the sparkly one.

5 comments:

royalmilktea said...

I totally know what you mean, where a polish either doesn't live up to your expectations or you just like it better on others than you do yourself. :P And yeah, it totally eats topcoats! It's sooo pretty and sparkly on you though O.O

Berry T said...

Yeah. Sometimes I wonder if its cos after you lemmed it for so long, you've placed it on a pedestal that's way outta reach. So when you finally get it, it falls far short of that pedestal and falls flat. Oh well.
But really, thanks babe for this generous extra in the swap! I would have continued lemming this one otherwise! =)

adina said...

hi,nice mani.let's follow us.http://pictura-pe-unghii.blogspot.ro/

Fleur said...

I really like the colour and sparkle - its pretty amazing! Does look really bumpy though :/I know that would annoy me. x

KD said...

two coats of NYC Matte Me Crazy will make it super smooth, then top coat to make it shiny. I use this on the "Holiday Splendor" I picked up :)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB