Monday, June 4, 2012

NARS Tokaido Express

Leftover post from last month's Brand Feature series:


NARS Tokaido Express

I have a question and complaint though.



Can I just check if anyone of you find that the cap of the NARS bottles get grime-y?
Sorta like sticky and the dirt/lint/dust would just cling to it?
Does this happen to all NARS bottles over time?
Or did I get a lousy bottle?



Because if I pay this freaking amount for a polish,
I sure as hell don't expect this to happen.
I hate the feel of the damn cap.



But otherwise,
I freaking love this polish.



2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite



Gorgeous purple-brown with a hint of gold



I changed the base coat for this one.
Used Poshe instead
and got slightly better results.


The mani lasted till night before it chipped.
The earlier ones all chipped within 5 hours of wear.




Love the colour.
Pity the wear.
If there's a dupe to this,
I'll switch immediately.


4 comments:

The Collegiate Nail said...

very pretty! that sucks about the cap!

Anonymous said...

Does the nailpolish cap have the same texture as the blush case?

I have the same problem with my NARS blush. The casing is black and rubbery.
Over time, it became sticky and gross. Could even see fingernail marks on it.
I loved the blush and hate the case.
Ended up depotting.

Berry T said...

I'm not into makeup so I'm not sure about their makeup cases. But now that you mentioned it, I'm no longer surprised. The cap is black and rubbery, likely it's the same material then.

Berry T said...

Yeah. I'm completely disappointed in NARS. Its crap that I pay such a price and get such quality materials. And their formula tends to chip as well. If not for the fact that they have awesome colours, I won't bother next time.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB