Saturday, February 25, 2012

Lynnderella Snow Angel



Lynnderella Snow Angel


1 coat Snow Angel over 2 coats Orly Au Champagne,
+ 1 coat Glitter Tamer + 1 coat Seche Vite TC


When I first got Lynnderella Snow Angel,
I immediately thought of layering it over white polish.


Hence the base of Au Champagne here.
I think it was a mistake though.


Au Champagne was too stark a white for Snow Angel.
I didn't think it looked good.


In fact, it looked more like gooped-up, glitter-fied correction tape.


Which made me seriously upset and disappointed,
since online swatches of Snow Angel over white was exactly why I got Snow Angel in the first place.

So I tried it over something softer, and not so stark:


1 coat Snow Angel over yesterday's Addiction Misty Rain mani,
+ 1 coat Glitter Tamer + 1 coat Color Club QDTC


A hell lot better.


And the white glitters definitely showed up better this way.



Ok, now to try it over other colours.

4 comments:

ThePolishHoochie said...

Looks gorgeous on you and I totally agree - I hated it on stark white too. Then I tested it on Mayo (ManGlaze Matte White) which is not a stark white, and it made a big difference and so much better. Loved your post - I kept saying to myself YUP me too lol.

Berry T said...

LoL! I'm pretty sure we ain't gonna be the only ones who's gonna feel this way about Snow Angel!

cremesnglitters said...

It definitely looks better over Misty Rain! I wonder how this polish looks topped on some soft pastels ^^

xx

Berry T said...

I haven't tried that yet, but I've been meaning to, along with a navy or teal ;)
Hope I can get that done soon!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB