Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Review of the Month: Crabtree & Evelyn Gardener's Hand Therapy

Heh. I think my entire office knows I'm on the lookout for hand creams.
The Christmas that just passed,
I got tons of hand creams!
At least 6 different ones!


Anyway, the one I have reviewed for you guys today,
is the Crabtree & Evelyn Gardener's Hand Therapy.


And here's my banged-up and used 25 ml tube (travel size).
I got this one as a gift as well.
But way before Christmas.
It lasted me almost a month and a half or so of regular use.

I read on MUA that this particular hand cream had a lot of rave reviews.
However, personally,
I don't think I would ever go back to this one.

The scent puts me off.
It's clove based,
and there is a strong herbal/medicated scent.
The kind which you either love it or hate it.

The scent took me a while to get used to,
and even then, it still isn't something that I enjoy.
On bad days,
I actually get a little nauseous from the smell.

Those of you who are not able to take the scent of The Body Shop's Tea Tree line,
you might want to stay far away from this one as well.
The scent on this Gardener's Hand Therapy is similar.

By the way,
I love the Body Shop's Tea Tree range of products,
but it took me a long time before I could get used to that scent.
And even now,
I cannot use the Tea Tree wipes without getting a headache after.

Ok. Back to the hand cream before I go off-topic.

The Gardener's Hand Therapy feels greasy during the initial application,
but is absorbed pretty quickly.
However, if I use too much,
it felt like there was a layer of greasy residue
that refused to be absorbed.

Also I didn't feel like this hand cream was particularly moisturizing.
There were times when I had to re-apply it a few times throughout the day.
I'm not sure though if this was because I had intensified my pole sessions recently,
and hence the hands are suffering more as a result of the grip powder.

The other thing I thought might put some people off was the design.
For those of you who are looking for something that would stand on your dresser or counter,
forget this.
There is no way this tube is going to do any miracle standing up,
unless its propped up by other stuff.

That actually doesn't really bother me,
cos I find it quite handy to have in the purse.
But the cap can be seriously annoying at times,
especially if you're applying this while on the go.
I dropped the cap a couple of times and that really irked me.

Ok, like I said,
I think this one got rave reviews from quite a bunch of people.
But this is definitely not for me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB