Thursday, January 26, 2012

CNY Nail Art: 五福临门 (Wu Fu Lin Men)

As much as mom approved of the previous layering mani.
it didn't really call out to me.
The mani didn't even last 2 hours,
and I decided to remove it for nail art instead.

Here are the items used for my second CNY nail art


Essie As Gold as it Gets,
Zoya Nidhi,
Konad Special Polish in Black Gold,


Konad plate S4

Got the image off google.
I couldn't find my own pictures of my konad plates!
Guess I probably have to re-take all of them! Argh!


And here's the nail art.
Please do excuse the extremely dry skin around the nails.
It's the result of too much cooking and washing over the past few days.
And this was even after I had already moisturised!
So you can just imagine how bad it really is.


My mom dubbed this set of nail art:
五福临门 (Wu Fu Lin Men)


The literal translation:
The five fortunes have arrived at the door.


Actually I'm not sure how many people are aware of this,
but traditionally, these five fortunes refer to:
Longevity,
Wealth,
Health,
Virtue, and
a natural death.

Yeah, it's interesting how death made its way into a traditional CNY greeting.


Picture above is the indoor shot.


Last one is the lift shot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB