Saturday, December 10, 2011

Jeans War: Chanel Coco Blue vs Nubar Faded Jeans


Next up in the Jeans War series:
Chanel Coco Blue vs Nubar Faded Jeans

Hmmm....
I need to find a better way to get these bottle comparison shots.
Mine suck.


Pinky + Middle fingers = Chanel Coco Blue
Ring + Index fingers = Nubar Faded Jeans

Both are 3 coats each + 1 coat TC


Again, no visible difference in colour tones.


But this time round,
I found that I preferred the formula of the Chanel one as compared to the Nubar.


Despite the friendlier brush,
I found that the Nubar tended to streak,
and I had a harder time trying to get smooth, even coats.

In fact, Coco Blue went on a hell lot smoother.
On some nails,
I could even have gotten away with 2 coats.
Faded Jeans however, really needed the 3rd coat to even things out.
I actually even contemplated doing a 4th coat for my index finger.


All right then.
So far, its 1-1
Let's see how the last one swings.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I've dropped some big hints that I'd love to have the Nubar Jeans collection for Xmas... I hope it happens, I'm so glad these are perfect dupes for the Chanels!

Berry T said...

Laura,
These Nubars are spot on dupes. I really hope someone gets your hints and gets you the set. The colours are really gorgeous ;)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB