Monday, October 17, 2011

Re-organising the Stash

All right.
Those of you who have followed me for a while,
would know that my family ain't exactly the most supportive of my nail hobby.
Particularly my mum.

But once in a while,
even they do something that would leave me utterly stunned.


Like how I came home on Wednesday night to find this sitting in my room.


Me: "Erm, Mom! What's this thing doing in my room?"
Mom: "Why, its for your nail polishes! I think it should be big enough to hold all of them"
Me: *Cue stunned look*
Mom: "Yeah! And look at the height! It's almost perfect for those nail polish bottles!"
*Grabs those Chanel bottles and chucks them in to demonstrate*


Mom: "And you can use these baskets to store the polishes. It'll be easier for you to pull out the bottles too."
Me: *Feels faint and falls into the nearest chair*



Heh. Anyway, I got down to organsing and de-stashing on Sunday morning.
Yeah. The 2 pics are showing how I stored those polishes before.
Definitely all over the place and thrown all together into boxes
*Is embarrassed*



Like this huge bin where everything is just dumped in.
Now you guys can understand why I have to go "digging" for dupes in the past?
I meant that literally! LoL!


And here's the stash in all its organised glory!
I felt so happy at the end of it!
Heh. Actually I grabbed my lunch in front of the damn cupboard
and just stared and ate and grinned like some manic.


The shelves are organised by colour.
Heh. I prefer doing them by colour although I know some of you guys do it by brands.
I just find that I can find dupes quicker this way =)

So now I have whole shelves of blue, green and purple.
The reds and the pinks share a shelf,
while my browns, whites, blacks, oranges, golds and yellows share another.

The baskets on the extreme right of each shelf hold polishes that I intend to purge.
Yeah. They're sorted into colours too! =)

Though when I showed my colleague the pics,
she asked, "Whoa! So now how are you going to bring your secret office stash home?"
Oh yeah.
Drats.

11 comments:

Laura said...

That was so nice of her!

Pretty said...

yey! how awesome!!!

Berry T said...

Laura,
I was shell shocked! But yeah :) I really appreciate it. Been staring and grinning at the cupboard for the past few days!

Pretty,
Yups! Absolutely! ;)

Alexisaurus said...

That is so lovely!!! It's happy she gave you this! Now you don't have to dig for the polishes! I love it. I understand how people are not supportive. Certain family members are the same way with me.

xoxox

Susy said...

That looks awesome! It looks really good, I would be staring at it too! :)

Millie said...

That is a great story! My mum feels the same way yours does. Who knows, maybe she'll surprise me some day!

Berry T said...

Alexisaurus,
Awww.... But it also sounds like you have people around who are okay with it! I hope that's more than enough to make up for the others.

Susy,
Hahaha. You know what. It's been a few days and I'm still staring and grinning :)

Millie,
I hope so too! One day! You'll just never know ;)

Liz J said...

So how many polishes do you have? I'm guessing 300-400 bottles. The cupboard looks great!

Berry T said...

Heh. The last time I counted, I went over the 500 mark. Scared me enough that I stopped counting

Alice @ NailsbyAlice said...

I organize my collection (smaller than your) by colour too :)

Berry T said...

I'll love to see that rainbow of yours! =)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB