Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Chanel Coco Blue


The last of the Les Jeans de Chanel collection:
Coco Blue


3 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC


Ok, so I got complimented like tons for this one.
Almost everyone yelled that they loved this one on me.
Even a stranger in the lift took a look at it,
and actually complimented it!


Not the easiest of the 3 to work with.
I found Blue Rebel the easiest by far,
and Blue Boy the worst.


Coco Blue just kinda falls somewhere in-between
and definitely needed the third coat to even out.


But this was the only one outta the 3 that did not chip on me!


Overall thoughts on this collection:
Ok, to be honest, I'm not sure if I will regret getting this collection.
Sure the colours are pretty as hell,
and I'm definitely going to wear Blue Rebel again.
That's my fave outta this trio.
Plus I fear the consequence of Chanel regret.

But these ain't easy to work with.
And with the exception of Coco Blue,
the other 2 all chipped on me within 24 hours.

Seriously for the price tag,
I may cry if I find cheaper, better dupes to all 3.

And I'm pretty sure there will be dupes.

4 comments:

NY*NAIL*DIVA said...

Gorgeous color, but I cannot do it! Can't spend money and polish that chips! I will live thru you!

rotsss said...

nubar came out with an exact dupe for all three. the jeans collection. i remember seeing swatches somewhere and they were almost dead on dupes. :P all for 19.90usd on their site.

emmajoy said...

You've seen this, right? http://thenailphile.blogspot.com/2011/10/nubar-jeans-vs-les-jeans-des-chanel.html
I'm so tempted to get the Nubars. One entire set costs less than one bottle of Chanel.

Berry T said...

MY*NAIL*DIVA,
There's the Nubar set! Its a hell lot cheaper! Go get them babe!

rotsss, emmajoy,
Yeah I saw the post on nailphile. And I almost wanted to weep. Sigh. Oh well. I guess I'm maybe getting those Nubars since they seem to apply better and not chip. Then I'll sell off these damn Chanels.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB