Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Dorothy Perkins Style Advisor Launch Party


A few friends and I recently attended the Dorothy Perkins Style Advisor Launch Party.
It was held at the Dorothy Perkins outlet at Raffles City Shopping Mall.
I'm a huge fan of Dorothy Perkins.
(Topshop, Warehouse and Miss Selfridge too for that matter)

As much as I try to keep my weight to a (my own) reasonable one,
I will never be one of those petite Asian gals strutting all over Singapore.
So Dorothy Perkins has always been a fashion life-saver to me.
Affordable, trendy clothes with sizes that cater to everyone.


Anyway, this party was held to launch their Style Advisor service.
It was hosted by Special Guest Class95 DJ Carol Smith
(on the right in pic, in that gorgeous blue with white polka dot dress that ran out of sizes that day itself!)
who seemed to thoroughly enjoy combining shopping and hosting!


Style Advisor Jessica Lee (on the left in the pic) was also on hand to co-host,
as well as to provide style advice to participants.


Party refreshments provided by the good people from Cedele.
Cedele is actually one of my fave food places!
I love their all-day breakfast, and their sandwiches are the YUMS!


Some of the fashion offerings being put on show.

I also have to highlight the excellent sales service provided by the sales associates.
They were a bright, cheery, sunny bunch whose smiles never faltered given the huge amount of people, enquiries and requests (demands by some actually).
That girl in the above pic in the blue dress?
I took her name and unfortunately forgot to write it down,
so I am now completely clueless!
But she was ever so friendly and served me and my friends very well.
And man, she could keep track of all our requests and sizes and what not.
Very impressed.
Particularly in a country where it is my opinion that service standards could be much improved,
I am very impressed by this bunch.
Well done ladies!


I absolutely fell in love with this little black dress!
Isn't it just adorable?
Too bad it ran out of my size =(
That happened quite often during the party!
There were so many people who bought and bought,
till there were hardly any stock and sizes left!


Style Advisor Jessica Lee also took us through a quick talk on the current fashion trends of Fall 2011.
Heh. To be honest, I didn't give her my full attention.
I took advantage that people were distracted and started grabbing more clothes to try.


But I did catch a little about the in-colours, prints and styles.
I love that Jade Greens, Turquoise and Mustards are going to be a blast,
but I ain't that sure about those palazzo pants (cue: those that she was wearing) she was talking about.
I didn't think those would look flattering on my pear-shaped body.


Check out the snaking queue at the fitting rooms.
And all because of this:


The one-day event deal of Storewide 20% discount on all items.
My friends and I all took advantage.
In fact, it was just too bad so many of the items that I liked were out of sizes!
Otherwise I would probably have bought more!


We were also encouraged to book a free style consultation.
All of us filled in the forms to take advantage of it.
It is complimentary and non-obligatory.


Plus I have a $10 discount voucher (with minimum spending of $100) to utilize if I ever really do get something after the consultation.
I'm definitely going to book one together with my friends.
I'll like to see how the Style Advisor performs,
and sure! I'll come back and report to you guys all about it.

But in the meantime,
whether you are shopping for a special occasion,
or wanting a quick wardrobe update or need fashion inspiration,
you might want to take advantage of their Style Advisor service.

To book your Style Advisor appointment, please call:

Raffles City - 6339 5996
Great World City - 6735 5657

1 comments:

royalmilktea said...

Hi Sherry! I emailed you but wanted to let you know I won't have computer access for a couple of weeks now, everything is getting packed up today. Hope to talk to you soon, thank you again! :)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB