Thursday, September 29, 2011

China Glaze Trendsetter

All right.
This post today is totally off from this month's theme.
There is no way i am going to purge this pretty,
but I was just too excited when it arrived that I just had use it for a manicure


China Glaze Trendsetter


Another bottle pic to show the awesome gold glass flecks.


2 coats + 1 coat Seche Vite TC


Mustard-green with awesome gold glass-flecks that China Glaze does so well.
*Sigh*
I'm a sucker for such weird colours


Although I can appreciate that not everyone can take these sort of colours.
I had a few people who asked me why I chose something that reminded them of gold-laced poop.
LOL!

But I loved that gold-laced poop so much,
I had it on for a solid 3 days before I had to take it off (reluctantly) for a promised manicure.


Someone also asked me about China Glaze polishes.
In fact, I was quite erm... stunned by the question.
The person actually asked if China Glaze was a brand from China?!
and she tacked on another follow-up question that left me astounded.
"Why do you want to use something from China? Aren't their stuff terrible? You should just buy OPI. They are the best."


First up, China Glaze is obviously not from China.
Not all things named after a country came from that country.

And sorry to burst your bubble,
but OPIs are not the best.
There are a lot of other brands out there that are just as good,
or sometimes, even better.
That is just marketing strategy that works on you people who don't bother to go find out anything.
Or who happily assume that China Glaze is from China.


Last 2 shots are taken inside the cab.


In fact, this person was actually "amazed" that China Glaze is now available at our Sephora store in Ion Orchard.
And her parting statement?
"But everyone says that OPI is the best!"

Seriously.
Don't argue with a nail blogger who owns more than 1000 bottles of polish,
changes her manicure more than twice a week,
follows up on other nail blogs,
and stalks the major nail polish companies on Facebook.

Muggles. Blah.

6 comments:

Comme3Pommes said...

I love that gold-laced poop!! It really is a gorgeous.

NY*NAIL*DIVA said...

LOL@ Gold laced poop! But honestly it does remind me of some throw up or poop, BUT I love the color!

Berry T said...

Yeah! It is definitely a gorgeous! I was so reluctant to take it off but I promised =(

thenailaholic said...

Muggles piss me off sometimes lol I was talking about it last night with Maria! I love this ugly little beauty :)

Berry T said...

Heh. Usually I'm ok with muggles, in fact some of them have been pretty cool about my polish addiction and come to me for help even. But this particular one was just being plain narrow-minded about the whole thing. Oh well.

Simona said...

I can't believe she really asked ROFL! Trendsetter is definitely on my wish list, gotta love ugly colours!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB