Saturday, June 25, 2011

Cult Nails Living Water

I think by this time,
most of you wouldn't need introduction to the new brand Cult Nails.
Started by blogger Maria of the blog Cult Nails,
or previously known as R3Daily.


I bought 3 bottles when the brand first popped up.
Featured here today is Living Water


2 coats + 1 coat Poshe TC


Right. So I know a lot of the other nail blogger/fanatics have been raving about Cult Nails.
I don't really like the formulae on this one though.
Perhaps its a chemistry thing or its the basecoat (Nailtek Foundation II) I use,
but I just couldn't get this one to apply smoothly.
I had bald spots and uneven application,
and needed to touch up quite a bit.


Also, if I hadn't been lazy,
I would have put on another coat of TC.
The mani felt a little gritty to me
and I'm a sucker for smooth finishes.


Having said that,
I freaking LOVE the colour.
Its almost like the polish is alive and can't make up its mind whether to be blackened blue or blackened green.
In the sun, it's super sparkly too!
And, it made my hands look super duper fair.
I got a lot of compliments on this one =)

My main grouse:
With the international shipping, its pricey for me.
I'll be saving buying the newer colours till they have another promo,
or if I get a windfall.

3 comments:

Minty said...

Wow, this is beautiful!

kelliegonzo said...

you captured the shimmer very well!

Berry T said...

Yes Minty! This one is really really pretty. So much that I forgave the effort it took to touch up

Thanks kelliegonzo! This one was so blingy in the sun it wasn't difficult to do so :)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB