Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Reader's Request: Essie Playa del Platinum vs OPI Skulls & Glossbones


Had a request to compare these 2 polishes:
Essie Playa del Platinum
OPI Skulls & Glossbones


Pinky & Middle: OPI
Ring & Index: Essie

Both were done in 3 coats + 1 coat Poshe.
The Essie needed the 3rd coat,
so I did the same with OPI.


These looked similar under some lights or from far,
but they're not dupes at all.


Essie has a lot more taupe in it
whereas OPI definitely comes across as a light grey when worn against the Essie.


I prefer the application from Essie,
came across as smoother compared to Skulls & Glossbones.
But its definitely more sheer.
I was actually pondering a 4th coat,
but decided not to bother since this is just a comparison mani

4 comments:

ChaosButterfly said...

I like Skulls and Glossbones better!

Alexisaurus said...

Awesome comparison. I like Skulls and Glossbones better too. I can't wait to get my hands on the collection!

cilucia said...

Thanks for this! PdP looks a bit off on me, so the OPI may work better on my skin!

Berry T said...

I'm glad this was useful and helped you ladies. Do let me know if there are other comparison requests. If I have the polishes, I'll try my best to get them done :)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB