Sunday, April 24, 2011

Bloom Elle


Bloom Elle.
This isn't usually a colour I would go for,
but I thought the shimmer in this bottle was to die for.


2 coats + 1 coat Poshe TC
I broke my nail yesterday doing scrapbooking,
so its down to nubs.


Sheer pale pink with a really really pretty iridescent shimmer.
Kinda reminds me of pink pearls.


This one is meant more for layering,
and I kinda think it would look good over most purples, darker pinks and black.
Possibly greys too.
But I wasn't in a mood for colour
(Yeah. Shock. Horror. Surprise.)
So I did it on its own.


I was reminded of the times when I wasn't allowed to wear polish in school.
I was already a budding polish addict in those days,
and somedays, I would just put on a really light colour like this.
One that's almost clear, but won't bring the teachers down on me.
I got away with it most of the times,
but there was one particular incident where I got caught,
and the teacher came down on me as if wearing polish was like the biggest sin on earth.

Sigh. Back then, I wasn't too smart either.
I came back the next day (being a rebel and all) sporting fresh minty green nails.
Obviously that teacher and I never got along well from then on.


Indoors.

3 comments:

FOREVER '92 said...

LOL Love the story, I don't think wearing nail polish was ever banned when I went to school. Either way I was a semi-girly tom boy, I wasn't interested in nail polish that much when I was a young'n
Either way, I LOVE these type of nail polishes. ..I don't know why. I love the simplicity of these sheer nail polishes -thank you for sharing (:

(♥♥♥♥♥) Minty said...

AMAZING color! That is crazy to be banned from wearing nail polish.

Berry T said...

Forever'92,
You're most welcome!
I think you got it right. Sometimes it's the simplicity of such polishes that capture the attention. After all the colour, this one really called out.

Minty,
In Singapore, most school-going kids have to wear uniform, until you're in poly or university. So as a general uniform wearing rule, girls usually ain't allowed colored polishes.

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB