Friday, September 3, 2010

Elianto #13 Burnt Umber

Someone commented that I do a lot of blues, greens, pinks and reds
but she hardly sees brown and orange.
Yeah. Kinda true ain't it.


So I dug into the stash and came up with this one:
Elianto #13 Burnt Umber
Umber? What's an Umber?
Got me wondering what the hell an umber that's NOT burnt would look like in polish.
something pink and raw-looking?

Unless they meant Amber?
oh! dang it!





2 smooth-as-butter coats + 1 coat Poshe

anyway, whatever the hell a burnt umber is
if it looks like this, then that must be some really awesome fire.
I wouldn't mind toasting some other polishes to make them look this pretty =)

4 comments:

emmajoy said...

umber -- (noun) a natural pigment resembling but darker than ochre, normally dark yellowish-brown in colour (raw umber) or dark brown when roasted (burnt umber). (courtesy of COED)

That's super pretty! I always have to resist picking up more Eliantos everytime I do a CP!

ThRiSzHa said...

wow.. im not a fan of elianto polish and this would be on my lemming wish..LOL

peripatetic33 said...

Umber is a natural brown clay pigment which contains iron and manganese oxides. The color becomes more intense when calcined (heated), and the resulting pigment is called burnt umber. Its name derives from the Latin word umbra (shadow) and was originally extracted in Umbria, a mountainous region of central Italy,[1] but it is found in many parts of the world. Some of the finest umber comes from Cyprus. It has been used as a pigment since prehistoric times.

Berry T said...

emmajoy, peripatetic33,
wow! now I know that umber is a pigment, I went to google to take a look at it!
and now the name of the polish makes total sense to me!
thanks!

Thriszha,
aww... I love the Elianto polishes, and they're rather cheap in Singapore, especially compared to the other brands.
Like emmajoy, each time I get to the Elianto counter, I'm hardpressed to get something for myself! Thank goodness, the only Elianto counter that I know of is not somewhere I head to often! =)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB