Sunday, August 22, 2010

For CT: OPI Breathe Life

Ladies,
I'm sorry I haven't replied to comments and emails these past few days.
Couldn't bring myself to.
It's been total craptastic.
I will get back to you guys soon after this post.

On Wed, our bosses held a closed-door meeting with a select group.
A colleague who has never let me down, a wonderful mentor, my lunch partner
and most of all, my good friend was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia.

CT,
We know you're fighting a tough battle.
Its not going to be easy,
You have to be strong and think positive thoughts k.

We know we can't visit you now
But know that we are here rooting for you

dear,
I don't know what else I can do to help, except to show support.
We know you probably have internet access.
You know how sometimes you just want to look at my nails and the nail polish bottles that "arrive"?
So I thought I can do a series for you
Then maybe you can read this and add the blog to your internet favourites.
So on days when you can look at the internet,
you can read and know that even though we are not there physically,
I'm behind you all the way


Ok, so the first in the series for you is this:
OPI Breathe Life
Breathe Life is the name of this polish
and I thought it can be your motto in this fight





It will be a long treatment process
and there will be days when you don't feel good or feel down
So I thought that if you have a simple motto,
it may help you remember and hopefully get you through those times.




Also, another reason why I chose this one to start.
OPI actually first came out with this polish in support of the Lung Cancer Foundation of America.
I know its different, but it supports cancer research.


and dear, remember this bottle?
This one is from Color Club and its called Take Me to You Chateau.

You said you like it a lot and when your nails got longer,
you wanted me to paint them for you with this colour.
The bottle is still not open k
I'm going to wait for you to open it and give you a manicure with it.

6 comments:

chocaddict said...

Oh sweetie I'm very sorry to read you're going through such tough times *great big hug*
Including your colleague in this post was very thoughtful of you, I'm sure this person is bound to be inspired by the positive energy you're sending.
Great choice for OPI Breathe Life and let's all pray for this bottle of Take Me to Your Chateau to be opened soon :)

wendy said...

wow. i am really touched by your post!

man, it must have been a tough period for you...

hope everything goes well with your friend and you take care too!

emmajoy said...

Sorry to hear about your friend! Will pray for her.

Halifax said...

Very sweet of you to do this. If your colleague could see the series, it'd make her day go by a little easier

Berry T said...

Thank you all for your encouraging words and your prayers for my friend. She's very dear to me, so I'll take whatever that comes my way that can help her.

Saori said...

I am saddened to read that for your friend and for you, what you do it's very nice and I hope your positive attitude help your friend !!
I hope that the CC take me to your chateau will be open very soon .....

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB