Wednesday, March 17, 2010

St Paddy's Ruffian

ok, you guys have probably seen the Ruffian mani done on so many other blogs
yeah yeah... I know.
I'm always late to the party...

anyway, over in Singapore, we don't really celebrate St Patrick's Day
but heh... I'll take any excuse to do a green mani =P

Polishes used are:


Essence #18 Check Me Out


and Essence #53 All Access

and here's my version of the the ruffian:




Natural daylight.



Indoors, natural daylight.


Indoors, natural daylight with camera flash.

And for those of you who weren't really confident of doing this freehand:
*somehow, I could freehand a french tip but not it's reverse!*


I used a nail art brush,


and did a rough outline of the smile line before painting the second colour.

(I apologise for the quality of these last 2 photos. I had the curtains drawn but didn't realise that)

5 comments:

Saori said...

Hi hi hi I used these 2 colors to do a contest and my nails were very flasy !!
Beautiful !!

Jackie S. said...

I really like these two colors together! Nice job!

contests and such said...

This is awesome! Thanks for the tip, too! I did a ruffian for STP and it did NOT turn out as good as yours.

Berry T said...

Thank you ladies!

Nessa,
I use this trick quite a lot actually, even for half-moons, and its always helpful =)

gildedangel said...

Super cute!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB