Sunday, March 28, 2010

Earth Hour 2010

Earth Hour is a annual event organised by the World Wildlife Fund.
It's to create awareness of climate changes and conservation.
Yesterday, across the world, landmarks went dark for an hour at 8:30pm


In honour of the event, I grabbed Nubar Earth for a mani.
I thought the name was quite apt.


I've been really interested since I saw some really lovely foil manis on various blogs, so I decided to try it out too.
Got the foil primer and sealer,


and foil in Sparkle Silver
(all available on Transdesign)


and here's my Earth Hour 2010 mani:
Nubar was done in 2 coats.


I need some help though.
I can't seem to get the foil to adhere properly to the full nail.
There are huge holes and gaps when I tried doing it.


I don't mind how it looks here, kinda like the concept of a deconstructed mani that Ms Lippmann was sprouting about awhile back
but still I would like to know how to go about getting a proper full nail foil done.
Can someone pls enlighten me if you do know how to?


and this one's the indoor shot.

So did you go dark for Earth Hour?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB