Saturday, February 20, 2010

I'm giving up on...

Remember a while ago, I posted about my disappointment with Illamasqua's Phallic?
well, I did a comparison with some others.
Its offical.
Phallic is going into my next purge.


Bottles are:
Orly Star of Bombay,
Misa A Sin Worth Committing,
Illamasqua Phallic,
and Bloom Bonnie


The 2 that are almost similar in bottle:
Misa A Sin Worth Committing and Illamasqua Phallic

Thumb and Pinky: Orly Star of Bombay
Ring: Misa A Sin Worth Committing
Middle: Illamasqua Phallic
Index: Bloom Bonnie

All were done in 2 coats, with topcoat.





Natural daylight.


Overcast.


Overcast with flash.




All taken indoors, natural daylight.


Indoors with camera flash.
*okay, so the shimmer in all the polishes show up with the camera flash*

At 2 coats each, the darkest among the 4 is Orly Star of Bombay.
A very dark navy blue that looks almost black.
The blue shimmer in Star of Bombay only shows up with camera flash.
Most other times, I barely even see the blue particles
very disappointing

Bloom Bonnie is a black base with blue micro-glitter.
This is the only polish among the 4 that I think can do with an extra 1 or 2 coats.
Again the shimmer isn't as pronounced, but it might be different with extra coats.
I'll have to swatch this another time again just to see what that will be like.

Illamasqua Phallic and Misa A Sin Worth Committing are the closest dupes.
I had them on for a day while doing this comparison,
and my friend thought that I was only wearing 3 different polishes.
At a glance, she couldn't tell that Phallic and A Sin Worth Committing were different polishes.
*actually, she still couldn't tell them apart at closer look*

So why did I say I was giving up on Phallic?
Because A Sin Worth Committing does come across as a tad brighter and slightly more shimmery when under the sun.
And the coup de grace:
I very much prefer the application of Misa - THAT went on like melted butter.
which was something I expected for the price that I paid for Phallic

2 comments:

Rebekah said...

Thank you for doing this comparison. :)
You just saved me sixteen dollars. I was planning on adding this lemming to a Sephora order that I'm placing tonight. I'll add the Misa to my next VNS order instead. I've always had good luck with Misa's formula.

Berry T said...

glad to have helped dear =)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB