Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Blue Tears

Just a note:
Today's nail art tutorial isn't a full one, but just on one aspect of it.

Its kinda weird but I realised on Sunday that I've shed tears for one reason or another for the 1st 3 days of 2010.
And I haven't been feeling the best again,
its as if the flu bug just adores me =(

So I chose a blue base colour and dug out my blue tear-drop rhinestones



Taken in natural daylight




Taken indoors


And here's one of the right hand


Polishes used:
Misa A Sin Worth Committing,
a sheer blue glitter nail art striper,
Art Club Nail Art striper in Solid Silver,
and White Nail Art Pen.

Someone once asked me how to get the "glitter-stream" effect.
She said that when she tried, she would always get glitter blobs instead of nice random streams of glitter.
(erm... you might have to click on the pictures to get what I mean)
Personally, the trick is to use nail art stripers or thin brushes.


Step 1: Paint basecoat and the base colour.
Wait a while for it to dry.


Step 2: Using the nail art striper randomly add streaks of glitter.

Tip 1: Although I mentioned random, it helps that the streaks follow in the general direction of the design in mind.
So if your design is going to tilt from the bottom left corner to the top right corner of your nail, add the random streaks in the same direction, going upwards from bottom left to top right.


Step 3: Draw/paint in your desired nail art design.

Tip 2: The other trick is to do the glitter 1st.
Your nail art design is going to cover some of the glitter thus creating that "background" kind of effect.

well... I do hope you guys understand what I'm trying to say

6 comments:

Evil Angel said...

Beautiful color and the art is lovely! I hope you feel better!

gildedangel said...

That is so pretty!

Ayuu said...

Lovely nail art :) Thanks for the explanations <3

Aurore said...

So beautiful nail art! and the color is wonderful

Berry T said...

Thank you ladies!

missnono,
I'm recovering but much better already
thanks so much dear

Lucy said...

I'm so sorry your not feeling well and kinda blue. Your nail art is beautiful. (((hugs)))

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB