Tuesday, December 29, 2009

What happens when you get a Wonky French

I'm pretty sure everyone of you who do your own nails regularly would have days when things just seem to go wrong;
the colour looks awful, application is a pain in the ass, it keeps bubbling, you bash the fresh paint on the chair, the nail art go awry, and the list goes on...

well... that's what happened to me while doing this
and the nail art is the result of all the mistakes:
1st, I bashed the tips while trying to put the camera aside
I thought: nevermind, I'll just cover it up with a french.
However, my neighbours dropped a couple of stuff (not once, not twice but 4 times!)
and I jumped at the sudden noise.

Yeah, you guessed it.
My lines went all wonky and I smudged the right pinky all over again
Besides, the colour combo looked kinda weird
More cover-up to be done,
and here's the resulting nail art



Natural daylight.



Indoors.

well... it ain't the best tutorial but I kinda like the end result,
so I thought I'll just share it anyway =)


Polishes used:
Orly Purple Crush,
OPI Alphine Snow,
Art Club stripers in Red on Red, Orchistra, Yellow, Black, Solid Silver,
and lastly a no name pink glitter striper


Step 1: Paint base coat and base colour.
Wait a while to dry


Step 2: Paint the french tips.
Wait a while to dry.

You might wanna refer to the earlier tutorial on painting a french mani that I did.
And erm.... pls do ignore the wonky lines here =P


Can you see the smudge on the pinky?


Step 3: Using various coloured striper polishes, add on the lines at the french tips.
Note that the stripes don't have to be of even thickness, you can vary between thick and thin lines


Step 4: And if you do end up with wonky lines like I did here, you can always cover it up using the nail art striper.
Paint your topcoat and you're done!

Alternatively, you can also cover up the wonky french using rhinestones or pearls

Well, if you're like me who sometimes finds it a pain to re-paint,
I hope this gives you some idea how you might be able to salvage the paint job the next time something goes wrong =)

7 comments:

gildedangel said...

That looks so cute!

awesomevegan said...

Happy accidents!!! They are super cute!!! :)I need more nail art stripers. I only have black and neon pink so far LOL. :)

Rhea said...

this is sooooo cute!!!!!

Maestra said...

You should have days like that more often. ;) The end result is totally adorable!

Nina said...

I love it! Now if I can only grow my nails to that length... ;)

Berry T said...

hahaha... thank you ladies!
if only all my bad nail days are like this! =P

Get Nailed said...

Cute! It looks like a Kate Spade bag!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB