Monday, November 30, 2009

Wan's Lattice Version 2

Disclaimer:
It was a overcast sky the morning I did this tutorial.
So the pictures aren't the best k

Bottles used:


OPI Alphine Snow,
and Ciate Paint Pots 042 Guest List



Swatch of Guest List in whatever little sun there was.
2 coats, no topcoat.


Guest List swatch taken indoors.
Although my hand looks red here, this is a slightly more colour accurate swatch.

Guest List is a very dark burgandy that looks almost black.
At first glance, it reminded me of OPI Suzy Says Da!
but on comparison, Guest List is slightly more red-tinged

So here is version 2 of Wan's Lattice mani



1st 2 pistures taken in the sun,
and the next 2 are indoor pictures.




Here's the tutorial for this set of nail art:


Step 1: Paint base coat and base colour.
Wait a while to dry.

Note: I think this particular nail art would look best with polishes that are cremes.


Step 2: Using a dotting tool,



proceed to make a line of dots down the middle of your nail.
Try to get the dots as evenly spaced out as you can.


Step 3: Do another line of dots on either side of the 1st line.
Note that I placed these dots roughly in the middle of the spacing in-between the original line of dots.


Step 4: Pick another dotting tool that is smaller than the original,


Alternatively, you can also use a nail art pen
(mine is from Etude House)


proceed with smaller dots that connect the bigger ones in a zig-zag manner.

In the picture above, my pinky was done using the dotting tool
while the ring finger is done using the nail art pen.


Step 5: Repeat the same for all nails.
Step 6: Wait awhile to dry before painting on topcoat

Hope you like this =)

3 comments:

gildedangel said...

I love that design, it is so pretty!

Evil Angel said...

How very cool! I love this pattern!

Berry T said...

gildedangel,
Thank you!
I'll have to credit Wan for the inspriation =)

missnono!
I saw your Treehugger one! and I love that one too!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB