Saturday, November 28, 2009

Tip Teal

ok, so you guys know that I just changed jobs.
It looks like the new place is a little more conservative about nail colours.
They're not very strict but as part of the job scope, I will be meeting with quite a lot of people in the community including employers, school authorities, volunteers, vendors, etc etc
so while nail colours like sheers, reds, pinks, purples, browns are going to be ok
funkier colours like green, blue, black are going to have to be relegated to holidays and weekends k

erm... unfortunately, this also means the monday tutorials are going to be less funky as well

Also, I suspect that I'll be way busier than I was as a school counsellor
so you guys might get to see less nail art and more single polish colour swatches
The nail art might also get less complicated

I'll try to work around and see what I can do
so in the meantime, pls bear with me during this adjustment period k

all right, back to the nails then.
Polishes used for today's nail art:


Depend no 41 (for the toes),
OPI Teal the Cows Come Home,
Art club nail art stripers in Solid Silver, Azure and Midnight Blue

Swatch of OPI Teal the Cows Come Home.
3 coats, no Topcoat.




These are indoor swatches:





and here's the pedicure swatch of Depend no 41

I go this one in my Christmas axchange from Polish Pig
and I understand that Depend is a low cost Swedish brand.
I must say I'm pretty impressed by it.
For a low-cost polish, the quality is anything but low.
The formula is rather smooth and my pedi was opaque in 2 coats.
The brush itself is pretty easy to use
although I suspect some may have issues with it since it is a little short (but not as bad as the WnW Craze bottles)

I don't know yet if I will end up with smurf toes
but hey, I don't really mind that when the colour is this pretty and glowy =)
now I can't wait to try to other orange one!

and continuing with the french theme for this week,
here's the NAOTD:



1st 2 pictures in sunlight

next 2 pictures are taken indoors



7 comments:

PolishPig said...

Ohh, I'm so happy You liked the Depend Polish! I have probably about 80 different colours of those, so I like them a lot too. I think quality is almost always good, as well as the brush.

The problem is that if You start using a colour you like, you will run out in no time, since the bottle is so small. They usually come out with at least 6 colours for fall and spring, and often extra collections for christmas and summer.

Many swedish blogs mention them, maybe I will start too (I'm to practical to do swatches, all the polish I show are full manicures meant to stay on my nails for a week.. :-) )
If You see anything interesting in the future, I'll be happy to help you to get it. Roughly 5 bottles of Depend would cost around US$13-15. If I´m not totally wrong, polish is not really cheap in asia eather, but you have a lot of unique brand that are impossible for us to find. I'll post about the new Depends, and when You find something you'll like, give me a shout and we can make a trade!

gildedangel said...

That is such a pretty color, I love the nail art too!

Carey said...

Teal is the color of Ovarian Cancer Awareness. We encourage all to paint their toenails teal and teall everyone about OC.

www.TealToes.org

Berry T said...

Polish Pig,
Pls do post them in your blog! I'll check them out as you post and if there's anything we can do a trade!
Thank you so much again =)

gildedangel,
Thank you dear! I really like this OPI too =)

Carey,
Unfortunately I can't always do teal cos of work but I'll def help to spread the word around

chocaddict said...

I love blue nails :)
It's very pretty, as always!
It's a shame you'lle be a little more "limited" in terms of color in the future, but I'm sure your new job is well worth it :)

Lucy said...

Shame you can't wear the colors you want. I'm sure you'll wear something pretty. Love the nail art.

Berry T said...

chocaddict, Lucy,

was a tinnie bit upset that blue and green nails ain't allowed but it should be ok, I've got tons of the work-appropriate colours in the untried stash anyway =)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB