Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Sally Hansen Nail Quencher Hydrating Base Coat

So I said I'll do a review when I 1st got this in a goodie bag from a Sally Hansen workshop.
That was quite a while ago, and since then, only half of my bottle has been used.
This is seriously great mileage for me.
I don't know about you guys, but I can run through a bottle of a Poshe Top-coat in like 1 month, maybe 1 and a half months max.


So I've seen some mixed reviews about this particular product.
Those who love it, rave about it and got multiple back-ups.
Then there are some who are indifferent.
And of cos those who detest and slam-dunked it into the wastebasket.

So here's a pic of how my naked nails look like after half a bottle usage.


Ring and Pink are shiny with a coat of the base coat.
Unfortunately silly me didnt think to take a "before" picture.
Well... either that or subconsciously, I didn't wanna let you guys see yellow-stained, dry and peeling nails.
Since doing pole, I have been using alot of grip powder/ chalk powder to keep my hands dry and the stuff is terribly drying for hands and nails.
Whenever I remember, I try to moisturize my hands and nails. I've bottles of hand cream everywhere.

I don't have an issue with application initially.
The base coat is kinda thick, like how the Poshe and Seche quick-dry topcoats are but it applies evenly.
However, I noticed recently that my bottle seems to have gotten a little goo-py.
Not a big deal though, since its something that a little thinner would cure.

The base coat dries quickly and shiny, so that's a big plus for me.
The other plus I noticed recently is that my nails seem to have peeled less, so I guess the hydarting part works well enough for me.

Other than that, I don't see any other difference with my Poshe Basecoat.
I've read some reviews that says the Sally Hansen has helped to strengthen the nails but I don't see any significantly stronger nails myself.

I can't report much about durability or chip-ability since I pretty much change my nail colours every 2 - 3 days.
If this is any indication, I wore the winter nail art for 5 days straight using the Nail Quencher and there was tipwear by the 4th day, but it didn't chip.

And as you can see from my naked nails, they're still yellowish.
The Nail Quencher doesn't provide any extra barrier against staining.
Then again, I haven't found any base coat that has been able to do so,
and that would be something I would totally rave about.

4 comments:

Lucy said...

The only thing that is growing my nails is the supplement Biotin. The yellow nail only stop when I don't wear polish for 3 months. I don't want to do that.

chocaddict said...

I am having yellowing nails issues at the moment. Just yesterday I have bought some denture cleaning tablets (is that the tight name?) It did help a little, but I'll have to do it every week I guess. I'm problay going to try that Nail Quencher as well, as I've read many good reviews about it and your nails look definitely far less yellow than mine.

Deez Nailz ~ where the CANADIAN Bloggers at ? said...

I am curious about the 'Sally Hansen Workshop'

was it top secret or can you tell us about it?

Berry T said...

Lucy,
I feel you! My ma keeps telling to give my nails a break since they're so yellow but I can never go without polishing them for more than 5 hrs! (that's the current naked nails record!)

chocaddict,
I've heard about the denture cleaning tablets method too... wondering if I should try that out...

Deez Nails,
I actually did a short post on it a while back but I can always do a quick re-cap in a coming post =)

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB