Monday, November 23, 2009

The Classic French Mani

I don't usually do the traditional french mani
I'm not one for sheers or pinks usually.

But I thought I'll do a tutorial on free-hand french tips
and then through the week show different versions


Polishes used:
Orly French Manicure Je'Taime,
and Orly French Manicure White Tips


Swatch of Orly Je-Taime.
3 coats, no topcoat.

and here's the NOTD:


under sunlight


indoors

Tutorial:


Step 1: Paint base coat, then paint base colour.
Wait a while to dry.


Step 2: In order to paint the tip, hold brush at approx 45 degree angle.
Step 3: Paint from bottom corner of the free-edge to the opposite top corner.


It should look something like this


Step 4: Repeat on the other end of the free-edge.
You should end up with a curved tip.
Do the same for all your nails.


Step 5: You may want to do a second coat for the tips to be opaque.
Optional: You might want to outline the tips with glitter nail art stripers as I did for this one.
Alternatively, you can also add rhinestones.

4 comments:

gildedangel said...

You are really great at freehanding; I suck at freehanding frenches lol!

Lucy said...

I've only done one Frenchie and I used a guide. I've never seen this done this way. I'll have to try it.

chocaddict said...

Your freehand skills are great :) I'll have to try that method when my nails are long enough to do a decent french manicure. Thanks for the tutorial!

Berry T said...

gildedangel,
thank you =)

Lucy, chocaddict,
I sure hope that method works for you guys!

Post a Comment

 

©2009 happyberrynaiad | by TNB